Areas of Expertise
Denver Water has started working on a series of construction projects that will impact travel around the Museum. We wanted to give you some forewarning so you can plan your route to and from the Museum accordingly, and allow extra time for travel. Our marketing team is working on providing updates via our website for our guests, requesting that they allow extra time to get to the Museum as well.
Please read the Denver Water communication below and click HERE to see a map of work areas and phases. We will send you updates as we receive them.
Volunteer Engagement Team
From Denver Water:
Starting in mid-October 2017 until May 2018, Denver Water and our contractor, T. Lowell Construction Company, Inc., will replace three water mains from the 1890s in your neighborhood. This important $3.5 million project will replace an aging piece of infrastructure and safeguard water quality. The new water main along Colorado Boulevard will also be enlarged to accommodate future growth in the area. The final permit has been issued from the City and construction has begun. The first phase of the project will be along Colorado Boulevard from Colfax to E 17th Ave. This phase will take us 2-2.5 months to complete.
Schedule for Phase 1:
- Overnight, Sundays through Thursdays, between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m., only one northbound lane and two southbound lanes of Colorado Boulevard will be open.
- Mondays through Fridays, between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., two of the three northbound lanes of Colorado Boulevard will be open. Southbound Colorado Boulevard will not be impacted during the day
- No work will occur on Friday night, Saturday day/night or Sunday morning/afternoon.
- RTD will relocate bus stops as needed.
- There will be no traffic impacts during the morning and afternoon rushes. All lanes will be open on Colorado Boulevard from 5 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Colorado Boulevard from Colfax Avenue to East 26th Avenue
- Montview Boulevard from Colorado Boulevard to Bellaire Street
- East 17th Avenue from Jackson Street to Colorado Boulevard
- Phase 1: Colorado Blvd. from E. Colfax Ave. to E. 17th Ave.: Oct 2017 - Jan 2018
- Phase 2: E. 17th Ave. from Colorado Blvd. to Jackson St.: Oct 2017 - Jan 2018
- Phase 3: Colorado Blvd. from E. 17th Ave. to Montview Blvd.: Nov 2017 - Feb 2018
- Phase 4: Colorado Blvd. from Montview Blvd. to E. 23rd Ave.: Jan 2018 - Apr 2018
- Phase 5: Colorado Blvd. from E. 23rd Ave. to E. 26th Ave.: Feb 2018 - May 2018
- Phase 6: Montview Blvd. from Colorado Blvd. to Bellaire St.: Mar 2018 - May 2018
Denver Water is committed to being a good neighbor during construction. Please visit our website for more information on safety, equipment placement, construction hours, water interruption, and other project impacts: denverwater.org/pipes.