Areas of Expertise
Volunteer for Offsite Fairs and Festivals!
We are looking for volunteer assistance with several offsite fairs and festivals where we have booths this summer and fall. Please see the details and use the link below if you'd like to sign up. Thank you J
Please be advised of these important logistical considerations:
- Each event will have 1-2 Coordinators from Museum Programs. Volunteers will report to the Coordinator and be in communication with them about any issues, including missing the event, being late, or any other concerns.
- Volunteer shifts will be between 3-4 hours in length, not including transportation time to the event/venue.
- Events take place throughout the Denver metro area and require volunteers to find their own transportation to and from events. This may require parking a distance away from the event site and walking to the activity site. Any carpool/caravan coordination is done on your own and will not be facilitated by Museum Programs. The Museum does not provide reimbursement for mileage. Another option would be to request complimentary RTD bus passes from the Volunteer Engagement Team.
- Volunteering for outdoor events can be strenuous. Volunteers must be in good physical condition and take into consideration what their physical limitations may be before signing up.
- Volunteers may often be on their feet for extended periods of time; seating accommodations may be possible but cannot be guaranteed.
- Events take place outdoors in the variety of Colorado weather. Volunteers must prepare accordingly for sun, wind, rain, hail, etc. Sunscreen is provided.
- Volunteers are not provided food and must bring their own water bottle. Water refill jugs are brought to most outdoor events or else water refill stations are located close-by.
- Logistical emails will be sent approximately one week in advance of the event, which will detail day-of point of contact, location, time, audience, parking situation, etc. While Museum Programs Coordinators will aim to send this email one week in advance, it is dependent upon when they receive the logistical information from the event organizers, which on occasion is less than a week in advance.
If you have a role preference, you may indicate this when you sign up online - however, we may ask you to fill a different role based on what our needs are in real time at each event. We appreciate your patience, flexibility, and adaptability as we begin this new adventure.
Click HERE for a listing of fairs and festivals volunteer opportunities - and to sign up! Please contact Lindsey Young at Lindsey.Young@dmns.org or 303.370.8343 if you have any questions. Thank you in advance for participating!
Summer Parking Map